murdering pimples one tamagotchi beep at a time
Say hello to the terminator of zits, the destroyer of Propionibacterium acnes:
ZENO
It has fun flashing blue lights, squishy buttons, and it's pretty darn hot. And by hot I mean it can actually burn you if you don't use it correctly. It also beeps and make noises like a tamagotchi, so its like you're pressing a hot tamagotchi against your forehead as it bleeps every 30 seconds.
Since I've only had it for a day, I don't know if it works yet. It claims to be able to get rid of pimples after 12~24 hours. Only really benign ones though, so ones that are like all pus and watery and painfully huge... those you're left on your own. I've been trying them on every single pimple on my face anyways [all +20 of them] Each treatment cycle lasts 2.5 minutes, and I've managed to use up 25% of my cartridgein one day. I've also been running around for at least an hour with this thing attached to my face. While it has a pretty huge tip, if you don't sit still while using it [unlike me, who has been attempting to clean my room while annihilating pimples ] it slips around. I've been trying to be frugal by positioning the tip on two pimples at a time. This is prob the only time in my life where I wish the pimples would grow closer together lol. You'd be surprised; your pimples actually don't cluster as closely as they look.
Not wanting to sound like a masochist, but I think the burning feels good; there's a certain tingling satisfaction/sensation after you know you've just sent those irksome bacteria to a fiery death by Zeno. I wish there was some sort of a contraption I could wear on my head so I wouldn't have to keep holding it against my face. After burning like 15 pimples in a row [more than 30 minutes of treatment] your hand can get pretty heavy from holding the device. It's not heavy, but it doesn't get any lighter.
One thing though, which I haven't had to deal with but I know I will have to: replacement cartridges. Thanks to the computer chip embedded in the Zeno Tip, there are only a certain number of treatments per tip. This is obviously to make it so that you're forever enslaved to the makers of Zeno and have to shell out 25~35 bucks for replacement treatments. And as we all know, acne always comes back. SO. While I'm annoyed at the enslavement, I'm more annoyed at the environmental implications of having to chuck out this tip with a computer chip every single time you run out. Its not environmentally friendly at all. Better run out of cartridges than having to buy a new Zeno every time you run out, I guess, but I wish there was some way you could trick it to reset, like the way you trick HP ink cartridges into thinking it's brand new so when you fill it with generic ink, it doesn't notice.
ZENOIt has fun flashing blue lights, squishy buttons, and it's pretty darn hot. And by hot I mean it can actually burn you if you don't use it correctly. It also beeps and make noises like a tamagotchi, so its like you're pressing a hot tamagotchi against your forehead as it bleeps every 30 seconds.
Since I've only had it for a day, I don't know if it works yet. It claims to be able to get rid of pimples after 12~24 hours. Only really benign ones though, so ones that are like all pus and watery and painfully huge... those you're left on your own. I've been trying them on every single pimple on my face anyways [all +20 of them] Each treatment cycle lasts 2.5 minutes, and I've managed to use up 25% of my cartridgein one day. I've also been running around for at least an hour with this thing attached to my face. While it has a pretty huge tip, if you don't sit still while using it [unlike me, who has been attempting to clean my room while annihilating pimples ] it slips around. I've been trying to be frugal by positioning the tip on two pimples at a time. This is prob the only time in my life where I wish the pimples would grow closer together lol. You'd be surprised; your pimples actually don't cluster as closely as they look.
Not wanting to sound like a masochist, but I think the burning feels good; there's a certain tingling satisfaction/sensation after you know you've just sent those irksome bacteria to a fiery death by Zeno. I wish there was some sort of a contraption I could wear on my head so I wouldn't have to keep holding it against my face. After burning like 15 pimples in a row [more than 30 minutes of treatment] your hand can get pretty heavy from holding the device. It's not heavy, but it doesn't get any lighter.
One thing though, which I haven't had to deal with but I know I will have to: replacement cartridges. Thanks to the computer chip embedded in the Zeno Tip, there are only a certain number of treatments per tip. This is obviously to make it so that you're forever enslaved to the makers of Zeno and have to shell out 25~35 bucks for replacement treatments. And as we all know, acne always comes back. SO. While I'm annoyed at the enslavement, I'm more annoyed at the environmental implications of having to chuck out this tip with a computer chip every single time you run out. Its not environmentally friendly at all. Better run out of cartridges than having to buy a new Zeno every time you run out, I guess, but I wish there was some way you could trick it to reset, like the way you trick HP ink cartridges into thinking it's brand new so when you fill it with generic ink, it doesn't notice.

