I don't even know how to talk about all this coherently. It was just.... I don't even know. You know the thrill and awe you feel when you walk into a real television studio or news station for the first time in your life? When you see all the cameras and lights and the sound boards, and you realize this is the place where they create things they make on TV? Multiply that thrill, that eye-opening experience by 100, because Turner is universes beyond local news and public television stations. Towering buildings housing full production capacities, with thousands of people dedicated to bringing your favorite shows through networks like TNT, TBS, Cartoon Network. Bringing you CNN, for crying out loud.
And Cartoon Network. I don't even know how to describe it. You take the elevator up, and the door opens to a whole new world like I've never seen before. Cubicles filled to the brim with multicolored stuffed animals, anime posters, marvel comic figures, beautiful artwork, digital and hand drawn, spilling on to the outside walls of the cubicles. Giant full color statues animated characters every few feet. Posters, flyers, things dangling from the ceiling. People walking pass with piercings and tattoos and wearing Ben 10 jackets and jeans. Tiles of carpet removed and replaced and pieced to look like 8 bit computer graphics from different shows. Public sofas decked with bright purple squids, random pillows all over the place. Everyone had their favorite Cartoon Network/ Adult Swim character artwork, stuffed animals, figures, squishy dolls scattered cubicle to cubicle. It was like I had walked into a different dimension of a corporate building. The walls of the stairwell were covered in multicolored sketches obviously penned by the animators. There was not a book in sight. Just papers, magazines, computers, and toys. Toys as far as the eye could see. And you could tell everyone loved Cartoon Network, and were very proud of their work. If you offered them a job at Disney or Nickelodeon, they would laugh in your face.
I don't think I was allowed to take any pictures... But wow... Just...Amazing...
And Cartoon Network. I don't even know how to describe it. You take the elevator up, and the door opens to a whole new world like I've never seen before. Cubicles filled to the brim with multicolored stuffed animals, anime posters, marvel comic figures, beautiful artwork, digital and hand drawn, spilling on to the outside walls of the cubicles. Giant full color statues animated characters every few feet. Posters, flyers, things dangling from the ceiling. People walking pass with piercings and tattoos and wearing Ben 10 jackets and jeans. Tiles of carpet removed and replaced and pieced to look like 8 bit computer graphics from different shows. Public sofas decked with bright purple squids, random pillows all over the place. Everyone had their favorite Cartoon Network/ Adult Swim character artwork, stuffed animals, figures, squishy dolls scattered cubicle to cubicle. It was like I had walked into a different dimension of a corporate building. The walls of the stairwell were covered in multicolored sketches obviously penned by the animators. There was not a book in sight. Just papers, magazines, computers, and toys. Toys as far as the eye could see. And you could tell everyone loved Cartoon Network, and were very proud of their work. If you offered them a job at Disney or Nickelodeon, they would laugh in your face.
I don't think I was allowed to take any pictures... But wow... Just...Amazing...

