6 minute contemplation...
before I have to go to work...
The day after I found out you had died, the sun was streaming through the clouds, the air was thick with humidity, heavy with the nectarine scent of flowers. The wind blew hard, ravaging the trees, and in the distance dark, boiling clouds loomed closer. Yet the sun shone on, breaking through the dark, so the world around me flashed bright and dim, raindrops falling through beams of glistening sunlight. And then it was that I knew how precious it was to be alive, and through sadness there is still happiness, and in darkness still beauty and light. As in death, there is still life. I didn't know you well, but you touched my life enough for me to truly appreciate what it is to live, and for me to question, again, what am I searching for and how do I find happiness.
Thank you.
The day after I found out you had died, the sun was streaming through the clouds, the air was thick with humidity, heavy with the nectarine scent of flowers. The wind blew hard, ravaging the trees, and in the distance dark, boiling clouds loomed closer. Yet the sun shone on, breaking through the dark, so the world around me flashed bright and dim, raindrops falling through beams of glistening sunlight. And then it was that I knew how precious it was to be alive, and through sadness there is still happiness, and in darkness still beauty and light. As in death, there is still life. I didn't know you well, but you touched my life enough for me to truly appreciate what it is to live, and for me to question, again, what am I searching for and how do I find happiness.
Thank you.

