Pity for the sushi man part 2

Category: By Felicity
One morning I walked down Crystal drive to work, and there was the plump sushi man again, passing out coupons to passerbyers. He waved at me, and I waved back.

After work I walked home, passing the sushi restaurant. The lights were off, all the displays were collected and thrown hastily inside the store, and there was a giant chain and lock around the front door. A piece of paper was taped on the door, announcing that the store had been reclaimed by Vordano, the company that owns the Crystal City mall real estate, because the restaurant didn't pay their rent.

I stood outside with the realization dawning upon me that I would probably never see the sushi man ever again, or eat any sushi from his restaurant. I started wondering if me buying my spicy tuna combos ever made a difference, whether all that effort the lil sushi man put into his restaurant went to him trying hard to pay his rent, or did he know this was going to happen, and started funneling all his efforts into making cash and running?

Now I need a new sushi place...
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?